Date: October 28, 2017
Time: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (Arrival time is 7:30 am)
Topic(s): San Francisco Financial Planning Day
Location: SF Main Public Library @ Civic Center
Contact: If interested, please contact Holly Wilkerson, Executive Director, at email@example.com
For the event, there are five main areas where logistics volunteers are needed:
1) Registration Desk – Entails checking in pre-registered individuals as well as walk-ins and providing them with the appropriate handouts including waivers to sign, etc.
2) Ask-a-Planner – This section involves Certified Financial Planners™ providing one-on-one, free financial advice to attendees. This is what I like to refer to as the “heart of the event” and also where the most logistics support is needed. (There may also be an opportunity for students to shadow planners.)
3) Speaker Forum/Workshops – In the library’s auditorium and meeting rooms, we will have speakers present who will discuss various financial and behavioral topics throughout the day. Duties include assisting the speakers, making sure attendees have the appropriate handouts, etc.
4) Free Estate Planning – Individuals will be able to work with trained lawyers to understand the components of an estate plan and actually assist others with creating one that day.
5) Miscellaneous – I will need about 3 individuals to be by my side that day and also some individuals to direct attendees to the various activities.