NexGen is a Financial Planning Association (FPA) community that serves aspiring and early-career CFP® Professionals. NexGen’s vision is to Elevate the profession that transforms lives through the power of financial planning (aligned with FPA’s vision) and it strives to educate, promote, and integrate the next generation of CFP® professionals. NexGen focuses on fostering inclusive communities, providing high-quality educational content, promoting the growth and quality of NexGen members’ careers, and promoting FPA and CFP® professionals as the credible voice in financial planning.
- NexGen’s vision: Elevate the profession that transforms lives through the power of financial planning.
- NexGen’s strategic directive: To educate, promote, and integrate the next generation of CFP® professionals.
- NexGen enacts this directive through the following service lines:
o Community: Foster inclusive communities dedicated to the development of the next generation of CFP® professionals.
o Education: Provide high-quality content about the practice, business, and profession of financial planning.
o Career success: Promote the growth and quality of the next generation of CFP® professionals’ careers.
o Advocacy: Promote FPA and CFP® professionals as the credible voice in financial planning.
- New membership focus: We serve aspiring and early-career CFP® professionals.
Access the links below to see what the NexGen committee has going on:
- Eventbrite: http://www.eventbrite.com/o/fpa-of-san-francisco-nexgen-6544639015
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8490577
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPASFNexGen
Goals for the Year:
Build an unprecedented sense of community and build traction within NexGen planners and allied professionals.
Our willingness to be unique and connect with our members more intimately has helped us create a trusted network of members who can lean on each other with confidence. Our most successful NexGen events have been hosted independent of the main chapter’s functions, which has led to a higher focus on our members and a stronger retention. Our core group of members cares not only about their own career growth, but the growth of those around them as well.
Perhaps 1 more dedicated Committee member to help organize events throughout the year.