2017 CFP® Scholarship Program
FPA San Francisco and FPA East Bay are pleased to announce the intention of each chapter to award financial assistance in the form of $2,000 scholarships to pay for expenses related to attaining the CFP® credential or attending an FPA Residency Program. The deadline for submission is December 31, 2017.
Who is eligible? • FPA SF or FPA East Bay current or prospective members who satisfy the following:
– You must have the intention to take all required courses for the CFP®exam and become a CFP®certificant
– If your employer reimburses 50% or more of the associated costs of your CFP® education or FPA Residency Program, you are not eligible for this scholarship
– You must be a current and continuing Member of FPA and affiliated with either the San Francisco, or East Bay chapter, with a commitment to regularly attend meetings and becoming involved in the chapter.
– You must not have won another FPA or CFP®-related scholarship within the past 24 months
What expenses are covered?
Non-employer reimbursed expenses as follows:
– Tuition, books, supplies and fees to attend a local CFP Board Registered program*
– CFP exam review course fees and CFP exam fees
– Registration fee for FPA Residency Program and related travel costs
What is the process?
– Application – all applicants must complete a written application.
– Applicants planning to use the scholarship to attend FPA Residency are also asked to submit a recent financial plan prepared by the applicant.
– Interview – all finalists will be interviewed by the selection committee.
What are the selection criteria?
– Demonstrated commitment to financial planning profession & CFP credential
– Academic / professional accomplishments
– Leadership potential
– Community service / pro bono work
Where can I find the application or get more information?
– Please download the application HERE or on FPA East Bay’s chapter at http://fpaeb.org/careers/scholarship-program/
– For more information, please contact either S. Nasira Iqbal at firstname.lastname@example.org (for SF) or EastBayFPA@gmail.com (for East Bay).
The scholarships are made available by the generous support of the FPA of San Francisco, FPA of the East Bay, and the Bay Area Financial Education Foundation. Please visit their websites to learn more: fpasf.org, fpaeb.org and bafef.org.
FPA National Offers a Diversity Scholarship aimed at reaching underserved populations. For more information please visit the link below to learn more about the Diversity Scholarship.
FPA National offers a scholarship funded by a grant from the Foundation for Financial Planning.
To learn more about the Residency program, please click here
FPA NexGen Gathering Scholarship:
FPA NexGen encourages you to submit an application to cover expenses for attending this event. The conference scholarship will cover registration fee, onsite lodging, conference meals starting from dinner Friday night to breakfast Saturday morning (after hour drinks and/or food are not included), and reasonable travel expenses to and from the conference site.
Scholarships and Education Discounts
The Financial Planning Association® (FPA®) has partnered with a number of leading education providers in the financial services space to ensure FPA members like you have access to the best resources at the best possible rates. Explore the offers listed below, available exclusively to FPA members, to find the best fit for your educational needs.
College for Financial Planning
15% off professional education programs and courses
36 scholarships available per year for the following courses or programs:
Registered Paraplanner Designation
Master of Science
Rolling scholarship deadlines / apply anytime
$100 off any review program
$200 off any Guaranteed Pass program
10% off AIF®training programs
Kaplan Financial Education
15% off Kaplan Study Solutions
100+ scholarships available per year including:
2 scholarships per year from FPA NexGen for:
Insurance or Securities (Retail $500)
CFP®Online Certification Course (Retail $5,243)
Scholarship deadline: 12/31/16
1 live or online CFP Exam Prep scholarship from your local FPA chapter (Retail $1,348)
Scholarship deadline: 12/31/16
Keir Educational Resources
20% off CFP®education and exam review courses
Over 90+ scholarships available per year including:
1 CFP® Exam Prep scholarship per year from your local chapter (Retail $1,050)
Scholarship deadlines vary, contact MCaudill@KeirSuccess.com
The American College
1 RICP®scholarshipavailable per year (Retail $2,450)