Members & Partners of FPA San Francisco,
5.0. 18,000. 2.7. and 1999. What do those 4 numbers describe? 2014 (specifics below). Our chapter had another phenomenal year as well….
As I reflect back on 2014, I’m humbled by all the accomplishments your Board of Directors made on behalf of the community of FPA San Francisco. I wanted to call out a few highlights…
• Delivered another amazing season of high-impact educational programs averaging almost 100 in attendance at each chapter meeting
• Continued to expand our joint events with allied professionals including the CFA Society, CalCPA, Estate Planning Council, and Financial Women of SF
• Co-hosted our annual pro bono Financial Planning Day helping more than 300 Bay Area residents
• Expanded our social media footprint and piloted “Ask an Advisor” @ fpasf.org/ask
• Kicked off “Thirsty Thursdays” with great success
• Ended the year with more than 550 members and a strong balance sheet
As we move into 2015, Cynthia Flannigan, will be taking the stewardship role as President of the chapter. She follows a storied legacy of individuals over the past 20 years. In fact, we gathered many of our chapter’s past presidents in our December board meeting:
We’re fortunate to have such a rich tradition of strong leadership in the financial planning profession at our side.
As you think about 2015 and your forthcoming resolutions, I’d encourage you to explore how volunteering with FPA SF might help you in your career. We have a number of board and committee positions available. There are few opportunities like FPA SF involvement that give you the exposure and insights to some of the top firms and leaders in our industry. It’s not only rewarding-but a lot of fun as well. You have a great team working on your behalf!
Have a great holiday and Happy New Year!
PS: Here are the numbers according to the 12/23 Wall Street Journal post (http://on.wsj.com/16MUNDq):
5.0%: GDP Growth
18,000: Dow topped for the first time
2.7%: Economic output growth
1999: Best year of hiring since this date